Gate510 is 300,000 SF of innovative industrial space in the East Bay. When ownership engaged Think Joule to re-position the property it was suffering from a bit of an identity crisis. It was not immediately apparent all that the property had to offer to attract and retain quality businesses. The brand did not communicate its value proposition...it was important to ownership to establish and deliver an inspiring brand and brand promise.
Our strategy consisted of building awareness by leveraging and elevating what was already in place, yet invisible to visitors...a vibrant and diverse community of entrepreneurial businesses in a thriving building; and to evolve away from an ad hoc approach to brand and marketing. By reimagining the brand, investing in top-notch photography to bring the building to life and developing a sustainable and replicable set of templates, we created an opportunity for tenant and building cross-promotion.
Ad-hoc programming/marketing which had led to a disjointed and confused brand identity
- Evolve from grassroots arts community to thriving innovation hub without fracturing existing community
- Anonymous approach through long blank corridors was inconsistent to the expectation of a thriving, creative place
- Massive scale with lack of visibility into the thriving and diverse industries represented in the building
- Communicate available space/cool happenings to pull tenants from broader Bay Area
- Foster sustainable events and programming
- Create consistent and distinct identities for first floor retail Westgate and second floor office space Gate510
- Evolve Gate510 brand identity, including complete logo suite, color palette, graphical assets and clear brand guidelines
- Revise tagline and positioning statement
- Develop customized responsive website with optimized SEO
- Design branded digital communications and custom email templates
- Develop social media strategy and outreach, curate and populate social media platforms
- Design high-impact marketing brochure that doubles as proactive outreach for prospective tenants and connects and creates awareness for current tenants
- Art direction and collaboration for photography with the uber talented Aaron Lee to develop a body of images that elevate tenants and cross-promote the building
- Integrated wayfinding for 5 building quadrants, including suite and tenant signage, code level signage, all key entrances and parking garage
We have developed a brand that is consistent with a fascinating and creative space. By elevating and introducing a vibrant community through impactful photos, graphics and strong brand values, ownership is able to drive leasing and make solid strategic decisions that align with the brand promise: to offer a thriving and innovative hub, inviting visionaries to invent, work and manufacture.